"We are often asked for our opinions on linens for an event. We are always eager to lend advice to make your planning easier & memorable."
- Overlays provide great contrast to any table setting. For an elegant reception, use floor-length tablecloths with an overlay on top. As a general rule, overlays should be a smaller square than the floor-length round tablecloths.
- To use color to create depth, colors should be done in at least 3 hues. Not all colors have to be given equal weight – but there should be at least 3 hues of a color – even if one is just an accent color. Even Black and white, should have an accent of gold, silver or another hue.
- Napkins are a great way to bring in color, though not usually the first thing that comes to mind. However, napkins come in a great variety of colors and textures and are an important element to the perfectly set table.
- Ceremonies require the impact of swags and a beautifully colored or textured aisle runner. The swags and aisle runners really complete the look, bringing everything together, letting you know a wedding is about to begin.
- Avoid a windy reception with flyaway tablecloths. Rent beautiful satin ties and tie them under the base of cocktails tables to keep the linens in place on a windy occasion.
- When using swags, use chenille stems/pipe cleaners to gather and to attach flowers. The chenille stems assist in giving a beautifully gathered and draping effect.
- Alternating colors – if you want to alternate colors, we suggest alternating the tables not the chairs. Maybe one table a chocolate tablecloth with champagne chair covers and chocolate ties. The alternate table with a champagne tablecloth. Use chocolate chair covers and champagne ties. Some of our best events include various tones of tablecloth colors throughout the room.
- Contrasting fabrics give a great layered look. Using different fabrics create depth and interest. We carry a variety of fabrics that complement each other.
- Don’t be afraid of color! Colored linens create the backdrop of your event and really transform the room. We can help you put the colors together.
- Earth tones are a really easy way to infuse color that always works well together. Copper, champagne, cream, Greens and latte colors all work well together.
- Overlays give great contrast to the room and are the easiest way to add a lot of color. Just throw over the tablecloth and you’ve just added a lot of color or shimmer.
- Dark chair covers won’t darken the room. On the contrary, they will add a dramatic contrast -especially if lightened with a tie that matches the tablecloths or overlays.
- A great tip on tying bows and keeping them consistent…. Have one person sit on a chair with another chair in front of them. Tie the bows and slip off – throw into a pile on the floor- then tie another. Have other helpers put on the chair covers and slip on the pre-tied bows. This will give you a consistent look. Tie them a little loose – so they slip on easily.
- Another way to keep a consistent look with ties – we suggest tying the bows the night before and have them ready to slip on easily the following day. You can also order Pre-tied or Pre-buckled/Pre-pinned ties.
- If you order your product to be shipped to you instead of picking it up, you are usually able to have the items for a longer period of time in order to prepare.
- Instead of purchasing shawls required in some churches to cover strapless or shoulder-less gowns worn by your bridesmaids, rent our chiffon ties (75 cents) in your colors or runners to use as shawls during the ceremony.
- Damage waiver is a worth while investment. You may not be able to oversee each and every guest at your event; however you are responsible for any damage done. The damage waiver is a great price and covers almost everthing to ease your mind in case of any accidents.
- Order early - popular colors book up quickly due to our great products, prices and service. The earlier you reserve, the better the price and chance that your desired colors have not been reserved by someone else.
E-mail our online support staff for specific questions or ideas:
We look forward to helping you create a stylish and memorable event.